Thursday, August 10, 2006

Waiting for the visa

On the first of August I applied for an Iranian visa. I have to wait 10 days until I get the answer. I hope they allow me, although I have met quite a few people who were denied. If they deny me I will try to get into Kazakhstan

Baku has a very western center, this is a view on the old part.













On the way to Lahic we stopped for water. The local restaurant held this bear in a cage to attract customers. Not only was he in a small cage he was chained as well. Animal rights are not a big thing in Azerbaijan.









I visited Lahic for a few days to do nothing in the mountains instead of the city.










I climbed a hill near Lahic and saw this gigantic bird of prey with a wing span between 1.5 to 2m (not clear on the picture unfortunately) circling up on the hot air. It passed me on about 10 meters. Down in the valley a ridge the Russians long ago started to build.







One of the advantages by not cycling is that you can have nice breakdowns. The old bus out of the mountains broke down twice, but with the help of the passengers and bystanders it was revived twice.








I am staying in the Velotrek hotel. This is the view I've got from my window.

No comments: