Saturday, March 18, 2006

Maybe Tuesday

Latest information about when the train will run is Monday, but it also might depart on Tuesday. I wonder how the local people know when to go to the station to take the train? May be it is written in the papers or in the news, all I know I go at least once a day to the station until it is Tuesday, if by then the train does not leave I will take the bus, the bus is faster anyway.

In the mean time I have started to try to do some programming for my cycling game on paidiagames.com. This is not very easy as I have to write everything on paper and have no way to test. I hope I can use it later on. It is a pity the only books I can buy here are in French, else I would buy some on programming. Now that is of no use as I am bad in programming and even worse in French. I have started buying Senegalese papers to search for train departures and practise my French, though. The paper only consists of 8 pages tabloid format, but still there was a piece on Marco van Basten, it seemed to have something to do with when to publish the final selection for the world championship football.
I had to write a piece for the Toeter, the lifestyle magazine of football club Ariston. I found it to hard to refuse as I had not much to do, but I hope Rob does not ask me again. Which is very likely as I was not very happy with the quality of my attempt.

No comments: