Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cita cita

After more than a month at Lili's homestay I finally take the incredible steep road to Bukit Tinggi. To my surprise I am able to digest the 44 hairpins quite easily. I just take the outside of the corner which saves me 10% of incline. Only corner 25 and 30 are a bit hard. My new bike's lightest gear is much lighter than the old one, which also helps. When climbing out the canyon near Bukit Tinggi Herman, Lili's owner overtakes me and invites me to put my stuff in the van and join him to Orie, the bass-player in the Cita cita band. I already met a few of the band members and at Orie's place I see Teddy the singer and Mande, guitarist and singer again. Also Marko, the German I spent most of my days hanging out with in Bayur. In the evening the band was to play at an art gallery, but in the end they play in a cafe. Afterwards most of us go to Orie's place, his parents have a huge house. The next day we tour around the countryside in Orie's van. It is very nice to hangout with the band members and I hope I will see them again in a not so distant future.

No comments: