Saturday, March 24, 2007

To the dentist

After not visiting a dentist for 8 years, I decided to make an appointment in Melaka. The medical standard is the same as in Europe, but the prices are much lower. Besides, I have plenty of time to go. The only possible problem might be that I do not wake up early enough for the appointment. As I do not have any machine that tells me the time anymore, both my camera and telephone have died, I might get up to late. When I wake up on Saturday I go into the street to ask someone the time, it only is 8 o'clock so I can go back to bed for an hour. At 9:30 sharp I arrive at the dentist to find out my appointment is only one hour later. After losing an hour I return. The dentist is a beautiful woman, who speaks impaccable English. She is assisted by a another beautiful woman. May be I should have gone more often to the dentist. The damage in my mouth turns out to be not to bad. One new cavity and some work on an old filling, with some general cleaning at the end. The work takes about 3 quarters of an hour and I am only charged 25 euro's. Next year I will try to come back here.

Afterwards I go to my regular morning coffeeshop, where I bump into Marko who already is enjoying his third coffee. Without having to order, I am served my coffee, by the woman who never smiles. Today is a good day again, like all the days. I do not mind staying here another 2 weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, neat and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always enjoy browsing your site.

- Norman

Bianca Jackson said...

It seems that you've had an awesome time there at Melaka. What made you want to go to the dentist after eight long years of not stepping in a clinic? Anyway, you're lucky that you had only a few minor dental problems. I guess you're really taking care of your teeth well.

Kevin Durant said...

Wow, what an interesting experience visiting the dentist in Melaka! I'm glad to hear that the medical standard is high and the prices are affordable. I also love that you had a positive experience with the dentist, and that the damage wasn't too bad. It's always great when a routine check-up goes smoothly. And the encounter with Marko at the coffee shop sounds like a nice touch to your day. It's always a good day when you get to enjoy a coffee and catch up with a friend. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Melaka!