Sunday, January 21, 2007

Fotoshoot

The first thing I do in Berastagi is to buy a screwdriver to open my camera. The unfortunate thing is that every time I (un)screw the screws of my camera the screwdrivers head gets screwed. Then I open the camera and see that water has entered the camera and some parts on the circuit board (?) are slightly corroded. I try to clean them and think I do a good job, but in the process a strip that connects 2 parts gets torn. I give up project revive camera and throw it into the dustbin. The next morning, January 20 I climb the nearby volcano. At the top I meet Tom, an Englishman I had met they before. Again I am not sure his name is really Tom, but I did not dare to ask anymore after so much time together. Together we descend on the steep path down. In the valley we drink a couple of The manis before we set back to the town, which to our surprise is 15 km away. Fortunately I manage to convice a family to take us with them in their car. After I wander a while through the town. It is always fun to do this as the people are so friendly and curious. I read in a comment book some people hate all the attention, I love it. I talk to everybody who addresses me and greet (almost) everybody. One of three girls, after greeting them for the second time, finds the nerve to talk to me and we go to the same internet cafe. When I leave, they leave and we end up having a drink at a mobile KFC of all places. In their view KFC is cool I guess. All I know it is bloody expensive and the food awful. They want to have a picture of me, but have no camera, I confess I have none either. They decide they will buy some film and borrow a camera. The first place they want to have our picture taken is in a horse carriage, but I refuse to go with them in a horse carriage through town. Maybe only a picture on the spot, but no tour. In the end the girls sit on horses and I am in between them. After that to the park. When it gets dark I have to say goodbye to the three nurses as I am going to have dinner with Tom. When I have finished dinner with Tom, I try to find the girls hotel, but to no avail.

No comments: